Adding Raptor Users
2. Fill in the First Name, Last Name, Username, and e-mail of the user. Note that the username must be an email address i.e. raptoruser@raptorISD.edu
1. From the ADMIN menu click on the Create New User link found under User Preferences
3. Enter a password in the Password field and confirm it by entering it in the Confirm field.
4. Assign a User Level. For more information about User permissions CLICK HERE.
5. Assign the building(s) this user should have permission to see. Most users will be one building only. Select the building in the Un-Assignedlist box and click the right arrow to move it to the Assignedlist box for that user.
6. Set the modules that the user should have permission to use (Visitor, Faculty, Student, and Volunteer). Turning any of these modules off will prevent the user from seeing the module button in the menu. The Module Permissions should be left as the default settings, unless the user needs to be prevented from performing any of the listed tasks.
It is important to note that most users will need the ability to add alerts (i.e. Private Alerts for individuals with restraining orders, custody issues, individuals banned from campus, etc.)
7. Click Submit to save your user.
8. Be sure to provide your user with their new log in credentials. To reduce error and confusion we recommend making the Raptor Live Webinar Training required for all your users. Please see the Raptor Training section for more information.
Deleting Raptor User Accounts
When a user no longer needs access to your system, either because they are on leave or permanently have left your staff it is important to deactivate their account.
Please note that "deleting" a user only deactivates their access, it does not erase their account from the system. It is possible to reactivate users at a future time.
In order to review your users use the following steps:
1. Log in with your Administrator account
2. From the ADMIN tab click on Search User(s)
3. From the Building drop down menu select your building
4. Enter the name of the person you would like to edit. If you are unsure of who you need to delete please leave the search term box blank.
5. Click Submit.
6. For the User you would like to deactivate click "(DELETE)" (Please note: the user will not be removed, it will only be deactivated)