New Ideas and Improvements

Welcome to the new ideas forum!

We appreciate your feed back and would love to hear how we can improve the Raptor System for your use. Please review the ideas that have been submitted by others and vote for the one you think would be most beneficial for you.

Voting is how you can let us know a new feature is a priority for you.

If your idea is not listed feel free to submit a new improvement. Be as detailed as possible and include your contact information. Incomplete/ Anonymous and posts will not be published. Posts requesting ideas or features that already exist will be deleted.

Please note this is not a support forum, if you need help troubleshooting please contact our support team at support@raptortech.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Check out multiple students to the same parent/guardian

It would be less time consuming to scan the parent/gaurdian id once and be able to select multiple students from the same campus to check out at one time.

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Student Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove all students for new school year

We would like a feature that allows us to easily remove all the active students for the school year. This will make it easier to clear all of last years information/tardies and add the new list of students.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  System Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Combine two records into one - Visitor section

We would like to combine two visitor records ( duplicates ) into one record. This person was scanned twice into the system and would like to create a single record for them in the system. Can you add a feature that will allow us to easily combine two ( or more if possible ) records? Ideally, we would also like to choose with photo to keep between the two.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  System Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Actual time student was tardy

A couple of my campuses that are using the system for the first time would like to see a field that allows to us to put in the actual time that the student showed up. The reason being that when students arrive at school just before the bell, they may have to wait to check in and when the label prints it shows a tardy ( usually in long line ), and they are required to have the label to get to their class. This label doesnt show the accurate time because they have to wait in a line (…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Student Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove parents name that children don't attend to school anymore

We need a feature where we can delete parents that students don't attend anymore. We had it when I first started the school district, but they removed it from Raptor.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  System Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow high school students who have scheduled early release to sign themselves out on the kiosk for better accountability.

We currently have students who are scheduled to leave for early dismissal each day or who have work study on every other day. These students currently leave on their own without signing out in any way. If we could have them sign out on the kiosk, we could account for their whereabouts and when they actually leave the building. Currently the way the system works, you have to have each student signed out by a parent; in these particular instances, there are no parents present because students leave on their own.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Student Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is now available. Please log into vSoft and click on Global Settings to activate this setting for your building. Feel free to contact Support for any questions or help on how to use it.

7. add a favorites button to the reports used most often.

This would allow users to have all of the criteria used in reports to be saved instead of having to re-enter the same information every time.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import Pictures

Have the ability to import student pictures to print on temporary IDs

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Student Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tardy/Detention Feature Custom settings

At the end of each semester, I would like to print only a summary report for all students and the numbers of tardies they have accumulated (filtering by excused or unexcused or "other would be great). I would like to be able to sort that report, first by grade, then by alpha. I would also like to be able to filter by numbers of tardies, ie; students with 0 tardies, students with > than X number of tardies. I would like to be able to determin which columns print as well. Since we do not use ID's and or Temp…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Student Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit and Deleting Temporary IDs

When you create a temp ID for a student, and need to go back and delete/edit it as paid, the application will not allow you to do that. It would be nice to change this information for tracking purposes. Many schools need this feature to see who has paid for their Temp IDs, and correcting user errors.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Batch Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set up text messaging for private alerts

it is not enough to have email for private alerts. if a parent comes that has a custody order our our security needs to be notified right away. Text messaging will greatly assist in this matter.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Notifications/Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding the option to enter a middle name when running a sex offender check.

When I enter a name and there is a possible sex offender hit, I am required to check the middle name of my applicant against every offender that is shown to me. Can the middle name just be added to the form along with the first and last name? When your running many names through each day it saves time and I don't have to make notes that the hit are not an exact match even though the name still appears in red. Thank you!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  System/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Notifications/Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow screen to refresh back to sign in Visitor screen, while printing. Improve speed.

Last year I could type a name while the printer printed out a label. This may sound trivial, but it expidited the check in process 2 fold!

ALSO....
    Is there a way to delete a scaned license that is not wanted. Ex an old photo. Can we create a way to extend the screem time before the system goes into "sleep mode?"

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  System/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Subsitute's have the option to print name badge from the kiosk mode!

would make it a lot easier if the subsitute could have the option to print their name badge when they sign in from the kiosk mode..

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Kiosk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. batch printing with offender status check

do offender status check for batch printing by doing the check prior to adding to print queue; the visitors wouldn't get added to the queue for batch printing until after they had been approved. this way batch printing won't skip the important step of the sex offender check.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Batch Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Volunteer History Report - Add total hours Worked per Volunteer

Volunteer History Report -- If this included total hours worked per volunteer. We could simply print and forward information to the volunteer of all hours worked during a specified date range.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding parents to students on the fly ( during student sign out )

There should be a way to add a parent/guardian/contact to the "APPROVED" tab quickly and easily if they have already been signed in as a visitor.

When a parent is standing in front of me to pick up a child, they get impatient if they have been scanned in as a visitor on a previous occasion and I ask to scan their license again add them to the approved tab.

I know the other option is to import them and manage them through the Administrator tab, but our school database doesn't record DOB of contacts, so they can't be imported.…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Volunteer Report by Campus

Please create a report that can be requested by the campus administrators that will give us our total number of volunteers that are in our system at the campus level. We have been asked to provide this information and don't have access to it.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base