New Ideas and Improvements

Welcome to the new ideas forum!

We appreciate your feed back and would love to hear how we can improve the Raptor System for your use. Please review the ideas that have been submitted by others and vote for the one you think would be most beneficial for you.

Voting is how you can let us know a new feature is a priority for you.

If your idea is not listed feel free to submit a new improvement. Be as detailed as possible and include your contact information. Incomplete/ Anonymous and posts will not be published. Posts requesting ideas or features that already exist will be deleted.

Please note this is not a support forum, if you need help troubleshooting please contact our support team at support@raptortech.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Local Copy of State Database

It would be so nice if the program could store a local copy of the state database so that when the Internet is slow or down, we don't lose out on the security features that the program brings to our campus. I think it would increase the speed of the overall program if the searches were performed on a local (cached) copy of the database.

174 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  System/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On the visitor page, could we check off two or more same name family members and have them print out all in a row?

Check off multiple visitors with same last name, so printing will be consecutive?

167 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Visitor Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. set up a clock on the kiosk so that people know what time they are actually signing in.

Our teachers are required to sign in each morning using the kiosk feature. However, V-soft time and the time on the computer do not coincide. Is there any way to put a clock on the kiosk, so that the teachers know v-soft time and if they are signin in on time or not?

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Kiosk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unattended Installs / Upgrades

Please allow for unattended installs / upgrades of the Vsoft software. As it stands now, each machine has to be manually touched at each location to update their software, and new machines have to be have a custom made base image with the Vsoft software pre-installed on it as it can't be distributed otherwise.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  System Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sort visitors by date last visited

On the Active Visitor screen, add "date last visited" as a choice on the sort by drop down box. I have 300 pages of visitors and would like to delete all those that have not visited prior to 2009. Currently, I would have to sift through each page to find them. It would be much easier to sort by year and then delete.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Visitor Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add FAQ, or Hints and Tips - Best Practices Section

Each campus is stand-alone and I am not as knowledgeable on this software as I would like to be, need to be, and should be. It would be nice if there were some handy hints, hints and tips of a FAQ location where I could see step by step answers that would help me be a more productive administrator / user of our campus v-soft / raptor system.
    Presently we have a situation where there is a person that is no longer allowed on our campus. I do not know how to make this modification. I searched the knowledge base…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Settings that apply to all locations

We try to keep our settings pretty uniform across locations. Unfortunately, all settings are completely separate per location in Raptor. For example, to add a new visitor reason, "Classroom", I have to enter it once for every location (39 of them currently), changing location between each one. Thus,maintaining our settings is very labor intensive, and the web forms are not friendly to fast data entry, e.g. the cursor does not default to the one text box on pop up windows.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  System Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea. We are already working on client policy where the district can set the default settings for all buildings once and then decide if they want to allow the buildings to modify this default. We will notify when this feature is available in a future version of Raptor.

8. Update Help Section

Help section has outdated or not up to date information.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can staff be broken down into categories such as Teachers, Admin Asst. Paras, etc?

I would like to have a checkbox for different positions in the school.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Faculty Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Subscribe to receive software update notifications

It would be great if there was a way to receive software update notifications and release notes directly to my email address. If this becomes a feature, please do not send me spam and sales emails along with the systems administrator emails about software updates. I get WAY TOO MANY EMAILS ALREADY, but I would really like to know whenever problems get solved that I'm currently having because of a new software update that I didn't know about.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your request. This idea is already in the works. We will notify you when it has been implemented.
    At this time you will be notified if there is a new version of Raptor through the Whats New section of your Raptor home dashboard.

11. Update Image for proper scanning technique

Visitor sign in By "Quick Find" the Blue circle with question mark, you click on it and it say;

https://apps.raptorware.com/vsoft/graphics/scan-label.gif

Which is a picture showing scanning IDs face down.

The proper way is to scan face up.

Just a suggestion maybe change this so it wont confuse anyone in the future.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion, this image still applies to those users with the older model of scanners. We will work on including an image that reflects all model of scanners in use.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base